RELEVANT MODULE- ASSET
RELEVANT ROLES- ASSET ADMIN
What is an asset type?
Asset Types - Facilitize groups assets into generic categories, for example, A/C unit, backflow device, duct heater. Every asset is associated with an asset type; an asset type defines the expected lifespan of all associated assets. Also, preventative maintenance procedures can be established for an asset type, which all associated assets will inherit.
How do I edit/delete an asset type?
- To edit an asset type, click the asset tab in the navigation bar of the application.
- Underneath the asset tab, click settings and then asset types. This will take you to the asset types list.
- In the search bar to the right of the list, you can type in the name of the asset type you are looking for.
- You can also scroll to the bottom of the page and use the navigation arrows to change the page and find the asset type.
- When you have found the one you are looking for, click it.
- On the next screen you see, you will be able to edit any information you need to.
- Once the information is edited and reviewed click save.
- The save is completed when you see asset type updated at the top of the screen.
- To delete the asset type, click delete at the bottom of the screen. Please note- If the what you are trying to delete is being used somewhere in the application, it will not be able to be deleted.